Tuesday 25 March 2014

MH370: Our Mortality

In recent weeks, whenever I find myself thinking of something to write, thinking of commenting on some socio-politico issue, I stop myself. I'd ask "Is this appropriate at this point in time?" "Is it worth commenting on this now?"

Perhaps I'm having an existential crisis of sorts. It happens.

Making sense of everything that has been happening isn't easy. But we try.

So here's what's making sense to me at the moment: We are all mortals. And one day we will leave this Earth. We will cease to exist. There is such fragility, uncertainty. Yet we are given the opportunity to be excited and make the most of it.

Deaths happen daily. But it is the magnitude, suddenness of loss, and the feeling of being out of control that has caught on to our conscience.

Perhaps, this was just that reminder we needed.

God Bless everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment